Re: NetworkManager, wlan0 doesn't come up by default

Aaron Konstam escribió:
On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 11:10 -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
I'm using NetworkManager on my laptop and I have some problems which I haven't been able to solve.

Normal eth0 comes up ok, but wlan0 doesn't. I have to login as root or sudo to bring wlan0 interface up (ifconfig wlan0 up) so that NetworkManager can connect to my AP.

Any ideas on why I have this problem? The wlan0 configuration is set to start at boot time.
Does nm-applet show you your wireless AP?

How could it if there is no wireless device to look through. iwconfig doesn't show the wlan0 as it hasn't been loaded.

BTW, I have an alias to wlan0 in /etc/modprobe.conf