Re: NetworkManager, wlan0 doesn't come up by default

Aaron Konstam escribió:
You are looking at this wrong. Here is my relevant modprobe.conf lines.

alias eth0 tg3
alias eth1 ipw2200
It is the module for the wireless NIC that is loaded not anything called
eth1. eth1 is created when the connection is made by NM.

OK, seems like I'm getting closer.

[root localhost ~]# modprobe bcm43xx-mac80211
[root localhost ~]# iwlist scan
lo        Interface doesn't support scanning.

eth0      Interface doesn't support scanning.

wmaster0  Interface doesn't support scanning.

wlan0     No scan results

So the problem is that the module doesn't get loaded at boot time.

Now that I've modprobed my wireless driver knetworkmanager shows the wireless network.