Re: Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Les Mikesell wrote:

> Wouldn't it reduce costs even more if the IT dept you mentioned that was
> replacing app versions in the distribution didn't have to do that?

It is called "customization".

You mean to tell me you've never added an application or replaced an
application of a distribution or decided *not* to update an application
included in a distribution due to the distribution not including the
application or not updating it as fast as you needed it or not compiling it
with a given feature or determining that updating an application will have a
negative effect?

But, as I said, "never mind".  I feel you'd like a distribution that fits
your version of utopia.

I think I'll join Mikkel and getting something constructive done.  It is
Tuesday here in Taiwan and Mikkel is just a bit quicker at coming to a
realization.