Re: ATI video comes out of the closet

Microsoft sells software. Evey user of OpenOffice is one less user of MS Office. Nvidia sells hardware, and gives the software drivers away for free as far as I know.  Linux users of open source drivers cost Nvidia nothing, and may represent a hardware sale they would not otherwise have gotten. Thus, there is significant motivation for Microsoft to sabotage  OpenOffice, and none that I can see for Nvidia to do the same to open source drivers.