Best book or tutorial for iptables

Joe Tseng joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 17:36:55 UTC 2007

I've been trying to get up to speed as well regarding iptables as well, and
although your problems may differ from mine, my issue has been that the
"tutorials" online teach you everything plus the kitchen sink.  I came to
realize that a) I have a specific problem to solve and b) I want a concise
example that would help me achieve that goal while still teaching me
concepts that a tutorial would.

With that said, I found this recently:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/iptables/examplescripts.html

The subsequent pages have network layout illustrations depicting the
behavior dictated by the commands that appear later in those pages.  From
the brief bit I've seen it ought to help people who want to get going
quickly.

hth