System asks ISP for local address

Hello,

  I'm doing some local HTML server tests in the 192.168.n.n range and
each time I ask for this address in Konqueror the system first attempts
to reach the ISP to finally find out that it's a local address.  It's a
bit annoying for the principle of it.  What would be a proper setting
(in resolv.conf ?) so that the system (Fedora Core 6) immediately
recognizes a localnet address (in this case it's the machine itself,
not even another machine on the localnet !) and does not bother calling
up the ISP to figure it out. - Thanks.

Cheers,
Al