Suspend on Inspiron 9400 not working?

After the last kernel my suspend is not working. How can I start to figure out why? What happens is the system suspends, but why I open the lid it lights up like it's starting, but the screen stays blank. Moving mouse or hitting keys does not display login for screen saver. I've not tried without screen saver yet, so I'll try that now and report back if it works.

--
Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group

Edmund Burke