Subject: Re:Checklist software, anyone?
From: "Jonathan Underwood" <jonathan underwood gmail com>
To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 09/11/2007 05:45 PM
On 06/09/2007, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen gmail com> wrote:

What checklist software is available for Linux? I use ListPro
extensively on my Dell Axim PDA. As I'm removing the Axim from my
workflow, I need a list manager, preferably one that functions well
under KDE.

I have looked at OOo Writer's outlining, but it is impractical and not
well developed. I use KnowIt for other purposes, but I find that it
makes a poor checklist manager. IQNotes
(http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/IQNotes?content=29544) seems
to be what I'm looking for, but it is designed for Zaurus and other
PDAs. In KDE-Apps.org I have found 3 list managers but none of them
support hierarchal lists nor checkmarks.

If you're an emacs user you might look at org-mode or planner mode.