Re: ASF (Advanced Stream Format), fluendo, flumotion -- which do I want ??

William Case wrote:
Hi;
I just received an email attachment that is *.wmv.  When I open it I
receive the following error:

"An error occurred
The playback of this movie requires Advanced Streaming Format (ASF)
demuxer plugin which is not installed."

Google says I need fluendo.  Fluendo appears not to be Open Source or at
least not free, but Fedora repository has a flumotion program that is
related.  What do I want to install to watch this 10 second movie??

I have VLC which I got from yum install and it plays EVERYTHING including a file.wmv and I just checked as I have such a file on my Desktop. It is far better than all the others. But it does need the codex from Europe.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User