ASF (Advanced Stream Format), fluendo, flumotion -- which do I want ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Sep 12 23:05:44 UTC 2007

Thanks Karl;

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 16:19 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
[snip]
>     I have VLC which I got from yum install and it plays EVERYTHING
> including a file.wmv and I just checked as I have such a file on my
> Desktop. It is far better than all the others. But it does need the
> codex from Europe.

I downloaded mplayer as advised with all its dependencies.  It works on
its own, but not as a plugin in Firefox 2.0.0.5.  This is a learning
curve I did not want to climb yet.  I have other things to learn first.
Media is of secondary importance to me so I wanted something that "just
works".

Oh, well

--
Regards Bill