Re: root authentication problem with LDAP

Nicolas Canepa wrote:
Hi,
I'm using openLDAP to authenticate users in my network, the problem I have is that when the LDAP server is down or unreachable, I cannot login as root, although is a local user, that's a complication to me when I

Cannot log on at all, or does logon timeout?

One reason could be that the logon process may indirectly try to connect to the ldap-server (through some library functions or other) and it then waits for timeout during which the logon process itself timeouts.

Try using the following parameters in /etc/ldap.conf:

timelimit 30
bind_timelimit 30
bind_policy soft

These were mentioned earlier in the 'OpenLDAP user authentication' thread by Craig White.

HTH,

Poltsi