Dual-booting F7 and WinXP on separate harddisks

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Thu Sep 13 21:12:07 UTC 2007

I want to set up a system much like David's (except that I have Windows
2000 installed - but it is NTFS). No one brought up an issue that I've
been working on.

I need to know if I should put grub on the Windows disk (and let it
handle the boot). If so, how do I back up the existing booter? (With dd?
I have F7 Live, so I could boot that, and save it to the Windows disk.)

Or, should I put grub on the /boot partition? (I drefragmented Windows,
and shrank it - have about 150 MegB free on that disk.)