This list blocked by comcast? [Was: How does one unsubscribe and subscribe to this list?]

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:44:12 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Philip Walden <pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net> wrote:

> If I subscribe as <me>@otherprovider.net, no problem. If I subscribe as
> <me>@comcast.net, nothing ever shows up.

One more ditto - I use comcast for access only.  If there were another
game in town, I'd jump ship in a heartbeat.  I don't need some jackass
telling me he can't provision my modem because I'm not running
windows[1].  And I certainly don't need an ISP to decide what mail I'm
allowed to receive!

Chris

[1] Yes, this actually happened.  And yes, I ended up losing my
temper.  Later, I called and spoke with a nice woman who flipped some
invisible switch somewhere and the world was OK again.