Re: Vim compressed help doc files

Tim schrieb:
On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 04:10 -0500, Doug Wyatt wrote:
I recently upgraded to Fedora 7 and I've discovered that
Vim's built-in help files don't display.

Works here, so it sounds like you've got a problem with your system,
rather than vim, in itself.  You might want to try verifying the
installation (see the rpm man file for verify instructions).

You're probably using /bin/vi instead  of /usr/bin/vim.
Starting vim by running 'vi' as root can cause this as the alias vi=vim isn't set for root-

  Karsten