New Computer

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 14 17:00:05 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

> Hi Aaron yes but if you wander into Wal Mart and look at their new home
> and laptop computers you will see no serial ports. You can buy a USB to
> serial device for $20 that works sort of. Mine will do most things but
> not what I wanted.

[...]

There are problems with using USB to RS232 serial converters.
I use RS232 to communicate with several embedded systems I have
constructed, and I've found that sending BREAK (used to force RESET
on the little puppies) often confuses the converter and/or USB.

USB ain't UNIVERSAL.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.