CHROOT Tutorial?

I'm interested in learning the ins and outs of setting up a
chroot environment for "native cross development". IOW, I'd
like to run another version of Linux in a chroot environment
on my same discs. The information on chroot is, ummm, sparse.

Could someone please point me to some tutorial information?

The web searches I've done get many many hits, which are not
very useful.

Thanks

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.