F7 Yum and numer of kernels

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri Sep 14 17:40:29 UTC 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007 18:56, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> Todd Zullinger ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on

> >> What version was that?  I am running 3.0.6 and the tokeep is still
> >> in  /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf
> >
> > yum >= 3.2.2 (so it doesn't apply to FC6)
>
> and shall I leave the /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/ in the updated system?? and
> what about the skip-broken.conf file???
>
> --
> Antonio

You can safely delete the file in /etc/yum/pluginconfig.d, that I believe you
recreated when you saw that, that file after the updates was an rpm.new, and
the original file was gone.

The skip-broken.conf file no doubt has to do with the file that you recreated,
and should no longer exist. Deleting the file you recreated should get of
this complaint.

I use Apt which keeps all kernels as default, but if you want to do the same
with Yum, you can set the installonly_limit line in /etc/yum.conf as.
installonly_limit=0

Apparently this disables it, and all kernels are kept.

Nigel.