usb modem MultiTech MT5634ZBA-USB

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Sep 15 16:24:14 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 09:19 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Could you please trim your posts. There is not need to include the
> entire contents, including signatures.
>
> Now, as far as getting the modem working, you may want to read
> ftp://ftp.multitech.com/usb/usb-linux2.txt. For a quick overview,
> you need the acm module, and the modem will probably show up as
> /dev/usb/ttyACM0. (I do not believe the module is included in Fedora.)
>
> Mikkel
> --

Mickkel and others,

Thank you for your help and suggestions.  I had reviewed the above link
but was not sure if it was applicable to Fedora since the devices it
listed were in the format of:

/dev/usb/ttyACM0

and the devices I was able to list on Fedora were in the format of:

/dev/usbdev1.1_ep00

There is a pre-existing device of /dev/ttyACM0, but when I executed the
command modprobe acm, acm module was not found.

My lack of success in using the document of this link as well as others
prompted me to send a note to everyone on the list with the hope that
someone else had used usb modems.

At this point I am still not sure where I should start.  It looks like
acm is not a module in Fedora, does that mean I will not be able to use
these usb modems?  I don't find the module present in CentOs 5.0 either.

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Greg