Re: Revisted Eth1 problem

david walcroft wrote:
> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> david walcroft writes:
>>
>>> What do I need to do to get Eth1 back on line,at the moment 'service
>>> network restart' returns
>>> 'Failed'
>>
>> See http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific
>>

> I use DHCP I think,what info do you need,I don't know much about Linux
> networking.

Start with looking through /var/log/messages for information relating to
eth1.  Starting with the boot messages would be useful.  What Hardware
is in use?  Ethernet type?  Software versions?  lspci is it is built
into the motherboard so we know what chipset is in use.  lsmod to see if
the correct module is loaded for that chipset.  any entries in
/etc/modprobe.conf that relate to that ethernet port.  ifconfig -a to
see if the system even knows it is there.  And that's just for starters.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com