Re: Running a dovecot IMAPS server

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 02:50 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> As far as I can see, KMail's maildir format
> (with folders ~/Mail/inbox/cur , etc)
> is incompatible with Dovecot's IMAP format
> (with folders ~/Mail/.inbox/cur).

I wouldn't have thought so.  My mail client's formats are its own thing,
and the server does its own thing.  When my mail client accesses my mail
it's a network operation, not a direct file access.  How the files are
arranged on either side is immaterial to the other.

Though, having said that, if you run your mail client on the server, you
may have a clash of things trying to use common file names.

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.