yum not working today?

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Sun Sep 16 14:13:34 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt a écrit :
> On 16/09/2007, François Patte wrote:
>> I tried to update my computer today, using yum update. I got this answer:
>>
>> Setting up Update Process
>> Setting up repositories
>> Reading repository metadata in from local files
>> Setting up Package Sacks
>> Reading Local RPMDB
>> Building updates object
>> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion
>>
>> At least it should have updated the kernel: I am running a 2.6.20 kernel
>> and 2.6.22 is on fedora update server.....
>
> Where is the proof? Also show which repositories you have enabled. And
> in particular, that you don't get an out-of-date mirror. Show that
> this is reproducible after a "yum clean metadata".

/etc/yum.conf:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=1
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

fedora-updates.repo:

[updates]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-fc$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

[updates-debuginfo]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates - Debug
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-debug-fc$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

[updates-source]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Updates Source
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/SRPMS/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-source-fc$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

shall I give all files in /etc/yum.repos.d? All are here since the
install day.....

I did not know that these are to be updated... Using yum?
- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique
Université Paris Descartes