Re: convert file.wmv to .wav ?

Kenny Gow wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:

Can someone tell me how to convert audio .wmv to .wav, .mp3, or .ogg?

I tried ImageMagick 'convert' but I don't seem to be able to make it work, perhaps because I don't have the command right? As usual I'm having trouble with the man page ...

Or there may be a better way to do this. I have an audio file in .wmv that I would like to compress, it's not very important but I hate to let it go undone.
I would use ffmpeg for this, something like,

ffmpeg -i file.wmv file.wav

--Kenny

Ok, that produced a .wav file that plays in Audacity! It's a large voice file that needs compression to bring it down to a reasonable size.

Thanks for the help.

Bob Goodwin