Re: Bug in gthumb or a bug in mailcap? Or a bug in alpine?

Steven W. Orr wrote:

gthumb will not display an image if the file has no extension. If I save the file with a .jpg extension then it displays nicely. Yes, there's a workaround, but you'll admit it's a pain and there's no chance of being able to teach my wife how to do this.

Play with gthumb: edit > preferences > browser > "determine image type from content (slower)", and see if that makes any difference.

- Mike