Re: Running a dovecot IMAPS server

Timothy Murphy wrote:
As far as I can see, KMail's maildir format
(with folders ~/Mail/inbox/cur , etc)
is incompatible with Dovecot's IMAP format
(with folders ~/Mail/.inbox/cur).

I mean that if one runs an IMAP server
then the directories must be in Dovecot's format,
in which case they cannot be accessed by kmail running on the server
with a standard Local Account.

Yes kmail does that, and worst.

If that is indeed the case,
it seems surprising that kmail documentation
seems to contain no warning of this.

On the other hand, if I am wrong, I would be very grateful
if someone could explain how to combine kmail + dovecot IMAP.

Use kmail with an imap account to localhost.

--
 21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18