Re: HP Compaq 2510p - No HD detection

Bjorge Solli wrote:
I have got my hands on a preproduction test machine, called HP Compaq 2510p. I will have to return it to HP soon.. It is a 10"(?) laptop.

I have tested it with our kickstart install system. It installs Fedora Core 6 32-bit fine, but when I try Fedora 7 32-bit it doesn't find the harddrive! Is there any interest from Fedora developers for me to supply them with some info to make this work? Note that I have a time limit.

Please reply to me directly, as I guess this is beyond the scope of this list.

Mvh
Bjørge Solli

The new disk driver (libata) wraps in SATA, and IDE drives. Since it is now the default in F7, and since it is not as mature as the old IDE drivers, it sometimes fails to pick them up.

Try booting with noacpi and noapic and see what happens.