Revisted Eth1 problem

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Sep 19 00:14:07 UTC 2007

david walcroft wrote:

> I changed the Eth1 address to 192.168.0.1
>                       Subnet default to 255.255.255.255

Most likely it should be 255.255.255.0

>                      default Gateway to 192.168.0.0

Probably should not be set at all for that interface.  Post the output of
"netstat -rn".

> Would this be correct
> I'm using a crossover cable.

If you are using a crossover cable on eth1 then you don't need DHCP.  Better
to go with static network settings.

> I see that there's a DHCP upgrade in Updates,I hope this can help with
> this problem.

Just forget about using DHCP on eth1.  Life will be easier.