Document Management CentOS

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Wed Sep 19 12:30:59 UTC 2007

Can anyone recommend a good Linux document management system?
I don't really need anything fancy. I would rather have simplicity.
I don't need really to check out documents, etc. I just want something
simple that shows a web page like

- Requirements
 - Customer Requirements
 - Bill Gates
 - Albert Einstein
 - Paris Hilton
 - Test Plans
 - Project 1
 - Project 2
 - Project 3
 - Design Documents
 - Smokeless ashtray
 - Light-free flashlight
 - Peel-free apple
 - Pet Projects
 - OHare Expansion
 - Etc.

This is similar to the Windows explorer. If an item has a + next to it, it can be expanded. If it has a - like above it can be
collapsed. When you get to a bottom node (e.g. "Smokeless ashtray") clicking on that will let you download a document
for that item.

I also want authors to be able to replace documents with newer versions (i.e., there is a new requirements document
for Paris Hilton for instance).

I guess a simple directory structure with no index.html files might work, but it would show only one directory at a time.
Anyone suggest anything? I found "Simple Groupware" but it is awfully complicated and I can't figure out how to change
the directory tree structure. I also found Document_Library but it won't build and complains something about python not
being able to find a recipe for an egg.

Any suggestions? If worst somes to worst I can just make a simple web page with DIV which goes unseen if you click
on it.