Re: bcm43xx and kernel-2.6.22.5-76.fc7

Jeff Stewart escribió:
Hi,

Is anyone successfully using the bcm43xx driver and kernel-2.6.22.5-76.fc7? Everything works fine for me with all kernels up to now, but not the latest one. lsmod shows the proper modules loaded, but the wireless interface doesn't exist. I also don't see any of the "SoftMAC: Scanning ..." type messages in /var/log/messages. In fact, the only thing that shows up in messages is:

Sep 19 17:26:25 vapid kernel: bcm43xx driver

Nothing else..

I wish I had more debug-type of info, but that's all I get. My wireless adapter info is:

02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4309 802.11a/b/g (rev 03)

Like I said earlier, I've had no problems with the bcm43xx driver up til the -76 kernel.

My WIFI:

03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card (rev 01)

[root localhost ~]# uname -r
2.6.22.5-76.fc7

firmware v4

Excellent results. With earlier versions I couldn't get better the 11M connections.

What version of firmare are you using? I heard thet version 3 doesn't work anymore. You also need the new fwcutter.

TIA
--
Jeff Stewart