Re: bcm43xx and kernel-2.6.22.5-76.fc7

Tom Weniger wrote:
On 9/19/07, Jeff Stewart <bvmunix gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone successfully using the bcm43xx driver and kernel-2.6.22.5-76.fc7?
Everything works fine for me with all kernels up to now, but not the latest
one.  lsmod shows the proper modules loaded, but the wireless interface
doesn't exist.  I also don't see any of the "SoftMAC: Scanning ..." type
messages in /var/log/messages.  In fact, the only thing that shows up in
messages is:

Sep 19 17:26:25 vapid kernel: bcm43xx driver

Nothing else..

I wish I had more debug-type of info, but that's all I get.  My wireless
adapter info is:

02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4309 802.11a/b/g (rev
03)

Like I said earlier, I've had no problems with the bcm43xx driver up til the
-76 kernel.

TIA
--
Jeff Stewart
--

I have the same BCM chipset which works fine with the latest kernel
(-76). Have you tried to reconfigure wlan0? What does ifconfig output?

There is no wlan0; ifconfig -a does not list the wifi adapter
/var/log/messages only says "bcm43xx driver" when the module is inserted - and there are no further messages