MD5

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Sep 20 09:12:25 UTC 2007

> THERE IS SOME DIFFERENCE  WHEN WE USE TO CHECK  THE INTEGRITY WITH
> MD5 OR SHA1UM, I ALWAYS DO  WITH MD5, AND THE CHARACTER CHAIN IS
> DIFFERENT FROM SHA1UM :-o

If you're asking do md5sum and sha1sum give different results for the
same input, the answer is yes.

# echo "blah blah" | md5sum
6a5fb9ebd6c8ea7efb53d071053ef778  -
# echo "blah blah" | sha1sum
e3f2b0427b57241225ba1ffc2b67fecd64d07613  -

Also make sure that you are using the right md5 or sha1 hash from the

> I've downloaded from utorrent, the iso image.
>
> There  are probabilities , that the iso image is corrupted

Normally the torrent software should have taken care to check every
block is okay.  If you're worried it is not okay, what I would do is
restart the bittorrent action.  The bittorrent software should go
through what you have already making sure it matches the hashes in the
.torrent file.

Make sure you are using the appropriate official .torrent file

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

-Andy