Re: bcm43xx and kernel-2.6.22.5-76.fc7

On 9/19/07, Martin Marques <martin bugs unl edu ar> wrote:

My WIFI:

03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN
Mini-PCI Card (rev 01)

[root localhost ~]# uname -r
2.6.22.5-76.fc7

firmware v4

Excellent results. With earlier versions I couldn't get better the 11M
connections.

What version of firmare are you using? I heard thet version 3 doesn't
work anymore. You also need the new fwcutter.

Well, I'm using version 3 and I was actually able to get things working by following the directions in https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-August/msg04257.html

So I'm now back in business.  I tried using the v4 firmware some months ago, and it just didn't work for me.  Maybe I'll revisit that.  But for now, all is well again.  Running at 24 Mb/s.
--
Jeff Stewart