New SATA Hard Drive

Today I installed the SATA hard drive I ordered and on the motherboard I found a SATA power plug and I plugged this drive into the SATA1 plug. I looked at the BIOS and it calls it an IDE drive but way out in position. I saw no way to tell BIOS it is really a SATA drive. I guess this is normal :-)

I went looking for the new hard drive with "fdisk" and it was called /dev/sdf by this F7 computer. I plan to put Windows XP in the first partition so it will be happy. It's an 8 GB partition so it will be enough since I will never use it.

Linux will be this F7 transfered to that hard drive in parts. Or it may be a whole new load. This has not been worked out yet.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User