Folder synchronizing

Hi all,

I have a pc running FC7 and a Synology Diskstation. The shares on the
Diskstation I access as Windows shares.
Since I access to the diskstation from several clients, I'd like to have
my home folders on my pc synchronized with a folder on the diskstation.

I thought i should be possible doing this using rsync, but didn't have
any success. Has anyone an example or an idea how to do this?

Cyril