dvd burner

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at predialnet.com.br
Thu Sep 20 22:47:21 UTC 2007

John wrote:
> Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
>> fedora wrote:
>>>
>>> to copy a dvd/cd i do:
>>>
>>>  dd if=/dev/scd0 of=/data/tmp/image.iso
>>>
>>> be sure that /data/tmp has enough space for a dvd...
>>>
>>> to create an iso image from many directory-trees:
>>> genisoimage -o /data/tmp/image.iso directory-tree-1 ... directory-tree-n
>>>
>>> tu burn (be root):
>>>
>>> cdrecord -v /data/tmp/image.iso dev=/dev/cdrom
>>>
>>> suomi
>>
>> Why don't you give a try to XCDRoast??? I am also having many issues
>> with K3b and GnomeBaker.
>> HTH,
>  I just installed this and will give a try.
>  What I have is a couple of dvd's of relatives being interviewed
> (transfered from vhs, they were in their 90's when interviewed). I'd
> like to make copies of the dvd's for other family members.
>
>               John

It's the only one working for me now in a FC6 box and a LG GSA-H20N writer.
;-)
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa at click21.com.br                *
* mailto:drcaa at predialnet.com.br             *