Re: Copying/moving files from a Samba share

Crap... I discovered this by accident... I was able to do everything including what I couldn't do before as soon as I turned off network file and folder sharing on the WinXP side.

Thx for the responses.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Greshko" <Ed Greshko greshko com>
To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: Copying/moving files from a Samba share

Joe Tseng wrote:
I just recently discovered that I'm unable to copy or move files from my
Samba server to my WinXP box, but I am able to do everything else (read,
create, edit and delete files, copy between directories on the Samba
share, and copy/move from WinXP to the share).  I wouldn't know where to
start looking on how to fix this - has anyone seen this before?

So, if I understand correctly, the only thing that doesn't work is when the
destination is the XP system.  My first thought is that it indicates an
issue on the destination side.  So, I suppose I would check the log on the
XP system first.  Are you doing the transfers as a "normal" user or
Administrator?