Re: Copying/moving files from a Samba share

Joe Tseng wrote:
I just recently discovered that I'm unable to copy or move files from my Samba server to my WinXP box, but I am able to do everything else (read, create, edit and delete files, copy between directories on the Samba share, and copy/move from WinXP to the share). I wouldn't know where to start looking on how to fix this - has anyone seen this before?

Sounds like possibly a permissions problem on the WinXP side.
You might check the logs on the WinXP side for permission
violations. I'm sorry I don't have any idea how to go about
that. I know practically nothing about Windows admin.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.