How best get rid of SELinux?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 21 03:30:00 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 16:53 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> Btw, I don't know if it's worth a whole nuther thread, but I've
> been finding it advised or necessary to reboot a *lot* more in the
> last year of three than before.

In some cases it's just a simple answer to a lot of people (both advice
some give, or an action some always take).  It isn't always necessary.
Though some don't realise that, having had it ingrained in them through
using Windows.  Or they like to check that their systems will still boot
after their latest changes (if you reboot some weeks later, you mightn't
remember what you changed that could be a problem).

Having said that, things that alter really core behaviour may need a
reboot to take effect.  But, as far as I was aware, you could just issue
the command to disable SELinux, and it's disabled.  You'd also write in
the disabling configuration changes, so that the next boot came up that
way, too.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 i386