re: OT: Force Thunderbird NEVER to use HTML?

Mike M.:
Is there a way to tell Thunderbird that I NEVER want to send
HTML mail? I've looked into trying to set domains to force
non-HTML, but it doesn't look easy. I haven't noticed that
wildcards are accepted, and I don't want to find all the
domains I may send to.

You have an old version (it's up to version 2.0.x). But, see if you have this feature:
Edit > Account Settings > (pop account) > Composition & Addressing
There's a checkbox there: "Compose in HTML". I think that should do it; mine is not checked, and I never send in html (even tho I reply to html emails).