Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On 9/21/07, Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to> wrote:
Notably if you disable SELinux, files will no longer be properly labelled when
they are created. So that if you later try to turn it back on, you will need
to do a complete relabel.

Even then, doesn't restorecond automatically pickup the mislabeling eventually?

This whole thing reads to me that SELinux is the linux version of Norton or Avguard to Windows. It will capture and keep the offending file from doing it's worst.

My friends with Windows cuss both software because it makes a mess out of doing normal things like installing new software.

There are very few Linux users. There are millions of Windows users. A guy writing a virus will write it for Windows every time! Now days they are spending time in prison.

So I decided to turn off SELinux even though it was not the thing to do according to the loader. I am glad I did so. I don't need the Norton problem on my F7.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User