Re: How to Open Opera on Fedora

On 9/21/07, Laxmilal Menaria <menarialaxmilal gmail com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I am new user of fedora and have installed opera latest version (.deb)
> file using
> yum install <file.deb>. Its installed successfully. but how to open
> it.. where its installed ?
Are you sure that is what you did? .debs are not default on Fedora.
They are on Debian and its derivatives. On Fedora you would download
Opera
and run as root:

rpm -Uvh opera-<version>.rpm

This will add it to the menu of whatever desktop env. you are using.
To run I do ALT-F2 and type:

opera -notrayicon

HTH
ne...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.