How to play .AU files with Fedora?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Sep 21 14:02:16 UTC 2007

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>

>> As of now, yes. Any unmaintained distribution versions or operating
>> systems are potential security risks. That is just common sense.
>
> By that reasoning, MSDOS with no internet browser is more of a
> security risk than Windows XP. I trow that pure MSDOS systems
> are now MORE SECURE than either Windows or Linux.

How do you get from "potential security risks" to assigning level of
security risk? As far as a "pure MSDOS system" being more secure, I
can walk up to a system running MSDOS and access anything I want. It
is a bit harder on a Windows or Linux system. (Depending on the
version of Windows - 3.1 is about as easy as MSDOS.) But if you mean
from outside attack, then any system that is not connected to a
network is more secure then one that is.

Mikkel