How best get rid of SELinux?

Bruce Byfield bbyfield at axion.net
Fri Sep 21 18:40:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-21-09 at 11:32 -0700, Alan M. Evans wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 13:10 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
> > The thing I want is for it not to be present on my machine.[*]

> If this is your philosophy generally, then surely you must compile your
> kernel and base libs by hand with each new release, because there's a
> tone of stuff that ships in there that you don't need. It's all taking
> up space, eating cycles, and introducing defects. Why don't you then
> simply compile SELinux out of your system?

I haven't been following this threat closely, so excuse me if I repeat
what someone else has already said.

However, why don't those who prefer not to have SELinux use Revisor to
make their own custom install disk that excludes it?

See: http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/
--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
Burnaby, BC, Canada