a question about apache

Scott sberry at northlc.com
Fri Sep 21 21:16:48 UTC 2007

I have one small question about Apache it doesn't seem to be determining the
host name properly.  Here is what I get when I start Apache with "service
httpd start":

Starting httpd: httpd: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for pilotalk.com\r
httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, us
ing 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
                                                           [  OK  ]

So I am wondering what needs to be changed.  I told the
"/etc/sysconfig/network" to use pilotalk.com as the name of my host.  I also
told "/etc/hosts" to use 192.168.1.;101 as pilotalk.com with pilotalk as the
shortened form of the name.  I also have it set up to recognize the
192.168.1.101 as mail.pilotalk.com with the abbreviated name as mail.

Scott