Re: a question about apache

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: a question about apache
From: "Scott" <sberry northlc com>
To: "Fedora Users" <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 09/21/2007 02:16 PM

I have one small question about Apache it doesn't seem to be determining the host name properly. Here is what I get when I start Apache with "service httpd start":

Starting httpd: httpd: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for pilotalk.com\r
httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, us
ing 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
                                                          [  OK  ]

So I am wondering what needs to be changed. I told the "/etc/sysconfig/network" to use pilotalk.com as the name of my host. I also told "/etc/hosts" to use 192.168.1.;101 as pilotalk.com with pilotalk as the shortened form of the name. I also have it set up to recognize the 192.168.1.101 as mail.pilotalk.com with the abbreviated name as mail.

Scott

look for the line in httpd.conf:

#ServerName www.domain.com:80

It wont be exactly like that but close. Uncomment it and change it to reflect your server/host name. Then "service httpd restart"