Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007, Alan Cox wrote:

There are also cases it won't help you. It really comes into its own when
you do custom setups for highly secure systems but that isn't a shippable
generic policy and most users would certainly hate such a locked down box.

This applies not only to dedicated hosting but shared hosting as well

ISP's its a complete hinderance and nuisance, but since we have ceased use

I know several large ISP's who use SELinux extensively.

Thats their choice, its the choice of many not to go near it because they have been bitten before, 8/10 I know who have used it have cursed it and therego no longer touch it.

So why is it mandaroty to install it, its bloatware, I mean you dont install
bind, apache, mysql and christ knows whatever else on a server (or desktop
for that matter) if you have no intentions of running or using that service, so its much the same situation.