How best get rid of SELinux?

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Sep 22 00:15:29 UTC 2007

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007, Alan Cox wrote:

> There are also cases it won't help you. It really comes into its own when
> you do custom setups for highly secure systems but that isn't a shippable
> generic policy and most users would certainly hate such a locked down box.

This applies not only to dedicated hosting but shared hosting as well

>> ISP's its a complete hinderance and nuisance, but since we have ceased use
>
> I know several large ISP's who use SELinux extensively.

Thats their choice, its the choice of many not to go near it because they
have been bitten before, 8/10 I know who have used it have cursed it and
therego no longer touch it.

So why is it mandaroty to install it, its bloatware, I mean you dont install
bind, apache, mysql and christ knows whatever else on a server (or desktop
for that matter) if you have no intentions of running or using that
service, so its much the same situation.