How to play .AU files with Fedora?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 22 04:35:49 UTC 2007

Mike McCarty:
>>> So, FC2 is a severe security risk?

Tim:
>> To work it out, you'd have to look at the packages that have been
>> updated since FC2, looking at the various security reasons for those
>> updates.  I don't know whether it's "severe," but there will have been
>> plenty of security fixes that you won't have.

Mike McCarty:
> Precisely. And, for exactly the reason I mentioned before
> about MSDOS, the security risks for FC2 are fading. As
> exploits get plugged, their prevalence also diminishes.

But if you're using an old un-updated release, exploits are NOT being
plugged on your system.  Don't believe that malcontents stop trying to
exploit old exploits, because they don't.  Plenty of them don't know
what they're doing, and will try any hack they find about.  Others do
know what they're doing, and know that plenty of people run outdated
systems.  You *may* be less of a target, but you're still a target.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.5-76.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.