Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 15:18 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> Suggestion : persuade the SELinux developers, if you can, to go
> take lessons from the ZoneAlarm people, paying heavily enough to get
> eager co-operation. ZA is by no means perfect -- it too can be obscure
> -- but on any scale of user-friendliness, it's orders of magnitude
> (plural!) ahead of the SELinux messages.

Oh please, no!  That software is crap, both the design and operation of
it.  It does seriously bugger up the normal operation of many computers.
It interferes with things in a way that they were never designed for.
It has an interface that can lock you out of a system asking you to okay
something, when the interface is not currently accessable, and there's
no way to get to the interface.

SELinux, on the other hand, is a system that a developer can work with
if they bother to take their thumb out of their arse.

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.5-76.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.