Re: having trouble with hosts file

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 13:02 -0500, Scott wrote:
> When you say ip address refering to the hosts file is that the ip
> address the router sees or the actual internet address of the server?

As far as log-ins concern, your machine only has to see itself as that
name where the checks are done.  If it's purely a local login, then only
the local side of things needs to associate that name with itself.  If
you do it over the internet, then the name has be checkable in a public
way.

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.5-76.fc7 i686 i386