Single IP address + http + https +Virtual Host

edwardspl at ita.org.mo edwardspl at ita.org.mo
Sat Sep 22 06:43:27 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:

>Tim:
>

>>>Have you looked at:  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/
>>>

>Edward:
>

>>Yes, but I want to know which title is suitable for us ( me ) ?
>>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/examples.html
>>

>Only you could know that.  The page does outline different ways of doing
>things for different circumstances.  You'd have to look through them and
>choose which applied to you.
>
>That page only deals with virtual hosts.  You want to look at the SSL
>pages.  And you'll find out that virtual named based hosts and HTTPS
>don't mix.

As the title is okay for me ?

    Running several name-based web sites on a single IP address.

>>And I want to try a sample config from this forum....
>>

>You'll probably get the sample one as comes with Fedora.

Just planning the config as the following:

Listen 80
Listen 443

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin you.me at domain.com
    ServerName  www.domain.com
    Redirect permanent / https://www.domain.com/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
   DocumentRoot /my/doc-root/for/https/
   ServerName  www.domain.com
   ServerAdmin you.me at domain.com
   ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
   TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
   LogLevel warn
   SSLEngine on
   SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
   SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT:!SSLv2:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW
   SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/localhost.key
   <Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
   	SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
   </Files>
   <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
   SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
   </Directory>
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
   	nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
	downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
   CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
   	"%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
</VirtualHost>

So...Is it okay ?

Edward.