Request Regarding the "Remove SELinux" Thread

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sat Sep 22 14:04:31 UTC 2007

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007, Alexander Volovics wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:08:36PM -0400, tom wrote:
>
>> Alternatively, Ubuntu, SuSe, Gentoo, and a whole raft of others are
>> available. I rather like Ubuntu for myself on my laptop, but that is just
>> me. Again, your choice.
>
> I would take a close look before you jump!
>
> OpenSuse comes with AppArmor
> Ubuntu (Gutsy Gibbon) will also have AppArmor

I'm aware that Ubuntu will be adding AppArmor with the next release, and
further since I'm on a short term release (Fiesty Fawn), the lap top will
be expected to go to using AppArmor. I will just need to wait and see how
things go in the next few months. No big deal.

Of course, Linux from Scratch on that machine would be a _Big Deal_, as it
is coming up on 6 years old. I'm not ready for that much pain.

YMMV